cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4hrs on the phone and no joy! 🤬

dkitch
On our wavelength

Made a phone call earlier this week to attempt to get my bill down. I ended up having to sacrifice one of the V6 boxes to reduce the monthly cost to a price that was manageable, but still keep TV, BB and landline. The guy on the phone Russell?? confirmed as I read back to him the price we agreed on and everything discussed. I received the email in 24hrs with the new contract price but what he failed to tell me was he had also removed my lifetime loyalty discount of £10/mth, this was not mentioned at all. 

I have since spent over 4hrs on the phone trying to speak with someone who actually understands what I'm talking about, in the hope I can sort this out. I've been cut off, transferred to the wrong department and just left hanging on the line, I'm now losing the will to live. Why can't we contact someone in the UK when required to deal with these issues, it's frustrating to the point where I'm considering throwing the towel in and cancelling the lot! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dkitch
On our wavelength

Fingers crossed we can both get some answers.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you expect to have an additional £10 discount on top of the deal you negotiated with Russel?

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @dkitch,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the team about the experience that you've had.

I can look further into this for you but would need to but we would need to pass account security via private message.

Please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

dkitch
On our wavelength

Hi,

No I didn't, the contract price is as discussed, I'm not disputing that but I have now lost my lifetime loyalty discount which wasn't mentioned  during the conversation. 

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Lifetime loyalty is just words on a bill, it doesn't really mean anything.  What matters is the final cost 

dkitch
On our wavelength

Thanks for your input but I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Why would Virgin Media EVER give ANYONE an everlasting discount?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

you are living in a fantasy world. you won't be getting a lifetime discount. you can be absolutely assured of that one.

Thanks for your opinion guys, no need to shout Ernie! 

I will wait and speak to a Virgin employee. 👍 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Stressing not shouting. However, I don’t use profanities, even if they are emojis.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks