cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline to landline calls drop out

1m95
Joining in

If I phone some landlines from my VM landline the call drops, i.e. we suddenly can't hear eachother. This can be after a few minutes or a few seconds.  But this only happens on outgoing calls to landlines.

I get the problem when I use another phone, so it looks like my usual phone is OK

I get the problem whan the phone is plugged straight into the VM socket rather than via an extension cable.

But:

I never get a problem if I phone my mobile from my landline

If I phone a landline I have had problems with, but using a mobile, there is no problem.

People we have had dropped calls to don't have this problem when called by other people.

Phoning 150 seems to work OK too.

We have had the line for years, this problem started a few months ago but we think it is getting worse.

Any Ideas?

10 REPLIES 10

Hi 1m95, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear your landline has not been working fully for you. Can you please advise, if you've tried using an alternative handset?  Also, is your phone plugged into your hub, or a traditional phone socket?  For future reference, you may wish to check for potential faults in your area here.  That link would also allow you to login and book a technician if required.  Also, if you still have the traditional phone socket, connection you may find here and here, useful.  However, as you've reached out to us, I would love to have a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message.  Please do keep an eye out on your inbox.
Regards
Lee_R