cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signing in to email

HalcyonL
On our wavelength

Signing into email on a computer has got far too complicated. What happened to the email tab on the home page? I finally found somewhere to sign in to my virginmedia and then had to hunt around to find the mailbox at the bottom of the page. Then to check a second email address the only way is to go back a page and hope the email sign in box reappears.  What used to be a quick and easy check now takes much longer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HalcyonL wrote:

Signing into email on a computer has got far too complicated. What happened to the email tab on the home page? I finally found somewhere to sign in to my virginmedia and then had to hunt around to find the mailbox at the bottom of the page. Then to check a second email address the only way is to go back a page and hope the email sign in box reappears.  What used to be a quick and easy check now takes much longer.

The easiest way is to bookmark the Webmail URL in your browser's 'favourites' list. https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HalcyonL wrote:

The easiest way is to bookmark the Webmail URL in your browser's 'favourites' list. https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

HalcyonL
On our wavelength

I tried this which only works if I am signed in to Myvirginmedia.  The webpage keeps changing and is very confusing. Why can't there me a simple place to sign in to email as there has been for years?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The link that I provided will bring up the sign in page if you are not already signed in.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @HalcyonL,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with locating your emails on our website after the recent website layout change.

As @Graham_A pointed our, the link they provided will open up the emails once you sign into your online account.

You can also take a look at our How To Manage My Email Account page for any additional support on this issue. Keep us updated on how you get on and if you need any further help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

we are already now forced - no choice, forced - but to access our emails via this page now, aside from now being 3 clicks away now from email access instead of 1 it's often patchy, this morning for example you cannot even access the email link page that is on the manage my email account, and the other days this link even went missing in inaction

Perhaps virgin should change this to " how to NOT manage my email " account.

There has been nothing but problems since virgin forced us to access emails via this page - & ZERO tangible benefit just aggravation into accessing our vital emails....

perhaps somebody in the know can explain why this has happened ?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @muffmasterh

Thanks for the reply

My apologies that you feel this way and you are unhappy with the new design, we do appreciate all feedback and the forum is regularly monitored for this. Are you experiencing issues when accessing via the above link?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sporadically only,

the other day the link was missing completely and yesterday it just did not function. There is a work around by opening an incognito window but then you have to work out how many crosswalks there are in the picture and get that right before it lets you in.

Thank you for confirming this muffmasterh. Does the same issue happen on other devices or browsers? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

i think only from my desktop using chrome, the fact that i seem to be able to workaround going incognito suggests maybe a cookie issue but do not profess expertise on these matters.

However regardless of the issue it does baffle me as to the sense of turning one click into three ( even when click three works ) to access emails is in anyway supposed to be a helpful change.