cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntl email account hacked. How do I delete it.

johnd32
Joining in

I have an old ntl email account that I do not use and it has been hacked in the last week and some old online accounts have been accessed. I want to delete it but when I access it through MyVirgin  media I cannot find anyway of doing this.  I have had 2 long conversations with the help line but they do not appear to be able to help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi johnd32,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with the email account, I can get this deleted for you. I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner) to get a few more details.

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi johnd32,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with the email account, I can get this deleted for you. I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner) to get a few more details.

Alex_Rm

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me over private message johnd32,

Glad I was able to help resolve things.

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex

My ntl email is still showing in my virgin media account when I logged in this morning. Is there a problem?

Thank you for flagging this to us @johnd32 

I have had a look and that email is no longer on your system. I can also confirm the mailbox itself has been closed. Are you able to sign out and attempt login again and let us know if you can still see that email?

Thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

When I sign in to my virgin media and click the virgin email link a mailbox comes up. It does appear to be empty but clear click the DJ identity button and my old ntl email comes up. If I edit details a page with my name and the old ntlworld email is displayed as my Email 1.  I thought it should all have gone?

I have logged in and signed out a number of times the email is still there. When I click compose it creates an email from the ntlworld address.

The email is still live.  Yesterday I received an email from virgin media asking me if I am happy that my problem has been dealt with clearly your system still thinks this is my main linked email even though everything I can see has my gmail address. Can we please get this problem resolved?

Hi @johnd32 

I'll send you a PM now 

Best wishes

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

The India call centre told me that they had deleted which turned out to be untrue.  I used this community site and was told after giving all my details that an order had been raised to purge the account from their system. After 4 days it was still live.  I am now being told that it cannot be deleted as it is the primary link to my virgin media account even though neither party use it.