cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Email

yadmot
On our wavelength

I have an ntlworld email account.  My email account is on the favourites bar in by edge browser.  Working happily for years.  All of a sudden I couldn't log directly into my email account

Now, clicking the email link directs me to my wife's email account ?? - she is the registered virgin media account holder (My Virgin Media).  In her account my account is shown !!!  My wife doesn't use her email account.

What's happened ???  Have virgin made changes ??  How do I get back to only opening my email account  ??

Thanks in anticipation

18 REPLIES 18

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried signing out of your wife's email account and then then signing into yours?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

yadmot
On our wavelength

First thing I tried.  You always get directed to sign into "My VirginMedia" which is in my wife's name.  

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@yadmot wrote:

First thing I tried.  You always get directed to sign into "My VirginMedia" which is in my wife's name.  

Non each email address has its own My Virgin Media account.  After signing out of your wife's account sign back in with your email address where it asks for the My Virgin Media address

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HI @yadmot 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies the main thread has not come through, are you still having issues with the email account and advise us fully of the situation so that we can assist you more directly in resolving this.

Sabrina

yadmot
On our wavelength

Hi Sabrina,

Still having issues with my email account-

As originally posted, I'm an ntlworld.com email account holder.  I'm running windows 11 with Edge browser.  The browsers favourites bar has a tab to my email account.  Ever since I've been using it (years), clicking the tab opened up my email account inbox.

Now, somethings happened such that when I click the tab, it opens up in my wife's mail account; she is the "My Virgin Media" account holder.  She doesn't use her virgin mail account.  In her account is my account !!!

I want the tab to open my email account not hers.  Please advise what's happened and correct it please

PS:  I tried to upload a photo of my wife's open email account showing my account but that fails with the message - Uploading Virgin Mail Inbox (VD).JPG resulted in the following error: Error Code: Upload Failed.  Problems all round !!

Hi yadmot, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community. We're sorry to hear that you're not getting the correct account when clicking the tab. 

This will be down to the saved URL. We have made changes to the email platform so you will need to delete the tab and renew it. 

You can do this by logging in to your email account itself here. Log in using your email and password and this will load the account for you. You can then save the URL link as a favourite but you should log in each time.

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

yadmot
On our wavelength

Hi Kath, 

Grateful for your response.

Was hopeful this was the resolution to my problem.  However nothing has changed. !!!  

I deleted the email tab as recommended and as requested ,clicked "here".  Clicking this link automatically opens up my wife's account where my account is shown.  It does NOT enable me to log in using my email and password.  My  account is NOT loaded.  Signing out of my wife's account returns me the "Welcome to Virgin Media" screen.

Top right is "My Account" button.  Right click on this gives option to 1) Sign in to My Virgin Media, or 3) My Mobile, or 3) no Account? Sign Up or 4) My Email

Clicking "My Email" sends you to the "How to Manage your Email Account" page.  This states;

" Your Virgin Media Mail account
We recommend accessing your mail from My Virgin Media, as this also provides links to our other services and information about your Virgin Media account. Or you can access your mails by selecting below -

Sign into your mail account" - this is a button

Clicking this button sends you to the page "Chose a username". This is automatically completed with my wife's email address !!!

I have the option to use another email address but this opens up the page  "Sign in  to My Virgin Media".  The expectation is the email address of the My Virgin Media account holder i.e. my wife's !!!! .  Fails with mine, works with my wifies. 

Going round in circles !!  In you reply to me you state, and I quote, "We have made changes to the email platform".

Whatever those changes were they are incorrect and faulty in concept. They stopped direct access my email account.  Please correct  and put right !!!

Looking forward to a speedy resolution

Thank you for letting us know this and I am sorry to hear this.

Is it possible you can try and remove the account and re-add it on, normally this should fix it.

I would also try login in to via other options such as Outlook or one our site here Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

yadmot
On our wavelength

I don't have an 'My Virgin Account' account.  this is in my wife's name.  If I delete my account (which shows in her mail account) how do I add back in ?? 

I'm wanting to directly access MY (not wife's)  email via web mail (Windows 11 desktop) as I always did.  What ever mail changes virgin have made they have messed me up !!  I'd like tech support to resolve.