cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent help needed to access my email

Zoesmadhouse
Tuning in

I have messed up - I left virginmedia as I never had a signal.   I could never get hold of them either and as a deaf customer there was no other access made available.

I was not notified my email would stop and suddenly today it has.

I need to get my urgent medical emails from the account if it is to close.

how can I do this?

feeling so very stressed 

can anyone help?

17 REPLIES 17

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Zoesmadhouse wrote:

Apologies for confusion I should have said “I previously was able to get emails” from my iPhone and applemac

i still have no way to get my lost emails.

Ok, sorry to hear that.

Were / are you using an email app on your iPhone to manage your VM email?

If you are getting the “ please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign into my virginmedia.” error when you use the VM link to change your password and you have lost access to your VM emails via the Mail app on your iPhone and Mac then you are effectively out of options regaining access to the VM emails.

You can wait until  one of the Forum Team contacts you via this thread but if you are no longer a VM broadband customer they will be very limited in what they can do to help you.

Sadly, for what ever reason, VM never seem to give any warning when they close an email account.

Sorry I could not help you get to those emails. I hope you manage to sort things out without access to the medical emails.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mac 10.13.6

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Zoesmadhouse wrote:

Mac 10.13.6

Based on my previous record with Mac information I had better stay silent on that.😉

However the real point is that if you can no longer access the VM emails via the Mail app (assuming you are already using it) then Thunderbird will be not be able to access them either.

All the various types of email apps and email clients, on whatever platform, all use the same protocol to access emails. The key thing is that they do not require access to the relevant VM Webmail account to download and send the emails.

I only suggested using Thunderbird because it is very easy to setup and use especially if you have never used an email app before.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your help

i hope a representative from Virgin Can clarify for me as the emails are so important.

Thanks again

Zoe

Hi Zoesmadhouse,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry that you are unable to access your old Virgin media emails.

Can we ask you when you disconnected with us? If it has been 90 days or more your email address would have been deleted, and we will be unable to re-activate this for you with no active services.

Please let us know of the above so we can assist you further. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi

It was months ago probably over a year.

Strangely an alias on the account is still working which is [MOD EDIT: Personal details]

I have urgent emails I need to take off the main account - can you not do this?

I have never been notified it would stop (I feel very stupid that I didn’t know this would happen)

any help would be greatly appreciated

If that alias is still working it gives a slight hope that something might be saved from the main account if someone can be persuaded to act quickly. Good luck! 

As for notification, the cancellation period was part of the contract you signed.

When you get a new email account, don't rely on any important documents being always available on line. Make your own copies of everything. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks for coming back to us @Zoesmadhouse.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details over via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L