cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop3 Authentication Errors

ModTeam

Hi,

We have recently migrated over to a new email platform which may affect some users using the  POP3 protocol and you may receive an "Authentication" error. Please update your settings by following the guidance here and also check whether you have the recent: prefix before your username and remove that prefix.

We strongly recommend Virgin Media Mail email client users access via the IMAP protocol, or alternatively use webmail. 

Thanks,

The Moderation Team

4 REPLIES 4

Angelita
Tuning in

Hello if our mailboxes are inaccessible is there a protocol for using this POP to access our in box to download data ?  Would there be a help sheet to walk us through how we can download the personal data Virgin now holds for us via inbox?  

with thanks and gratitude 

Hi Angelita,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome, sorry to hear your Email are inaccessible.

How are they not accessible, you can find all our POP settings and further information here.

Regards

Paul.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Paul_DN FYI Angelita has a thread here on their issue. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Mailbox-Unavailable/td-p/4766842/jump-to/first-unread-mes...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Angelita,

Thank you for coming back, sorry I only just realised it was a Virgin.net account, I am actually able to locate these and will be happy to see if I am able to activate it again for you.

So I can do this I will need to invite you into a private chat, I will send a invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.