cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox Unavailable

Angelita
Tuning in

Hello

I have had a virgin.net email for 15 years (it came from the legacy product - Virgin Webspace) which has been perfect until 8pm yesterday when in the middle of usage the screen flipped to 'sorry mailbox unavailable try again in 1 hour'

I have been on hold via the virgin helpline all day (a few conversations were cut off) and so I wondered if a VM staff could contact me regarding unlocking my account (even if this is simply to download my data).  It is urgent as I am working from home and need the email address.

Any support or way I can regain access would be appreciated

I have had no notice of the service being removed and no Virgin product has been disconnected - I am not a broadband client but have O2/Virgin mobile and Money products.

Good wishes and keep well one and all

Angelita

6 REPLIES 6

Angelita
Tuning in

This comment confuses me as in my case VM have got all my personal data and contact me regularly  (I can log into virginmedia) - I never had broadband but had/have an email that worked fine for 15 years.  I got no notice before I suddenly can't access it last night.  Looking at the pathway of html that VM returns to me I am being redirected straight after log in to the 'store' and error message - so my mailbox is definitely all intact.  

Angelita
Tuning in

Is purchasing broadband a total guarantee to get our mailboxes to work again?    Just wondering as VM has all my data.   I too want to get my email! ;-D  (Been on hold for 6 hours and now the team have gone home)

With thanks

Angelita

Hi there @Angelita

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to see this has happened and for any confusion caused. When you leave your broadband your email should be deleted within 90 days, however sometimes this does not happen within 90 days and the mailbox can remain active for a while. Once the mailbox is tracked down however it is deleted, which is what I think has happened here. This is covered in the terms and conditions of your contract.

Unfortunately if this email is not linked to an active broadband account then I am unable to reinstate it for you, I am so sorry about this. I can make sure the email is fully deleted for you if you would like? Just let me know and I will send you a PM to arrange this. 

Thank you.  

Hello that is so interesting as I have never had Virgin broadband. I think the contract with Virgin is regarding their web space product. Who maintains this now. The conditions involve me being given notice which I did not receive. I note the Guardian newspaper were fortunate last year in getting free emails reinstated. So this is thankfully possible your end. The address is still recording emails. Is there a web Dev who can reply?  It will be an easy switch on activity.  I spoke to your colleague bhatavya who would help if I purchase a product I need to be sure my data is up and running tho. 

Angelita
Tuning in

I’m in the same boat. I read that we can try to set up a POP account and maybe emails in our inbox will show up.  Mail isn’t bouncing from my account address so I assume it’s still there.  I did read that the Guardian got virgin cs to reinstall deleted legacy virgin free emails last year so it is possible. I have been on hold for 4 hours to virgins India helpline and I understand they will help a bit if a purchase is made but I’m not clear if this will return our data. I too received no notice. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM webspace was closed down in 2016.  In any case VM webspace was only available as part of their broadband offering.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/Smartcall-Virgin-Media-Cloud-and-Webspace-closure/...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks