cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a sub account email a main email

razza923
Joining in

Hi there,

I have a virgin media email address that is linked to my mums account, however as i now have a virgin media broadband account myself - i want to use my virginmedia email for my own account - however it cannot be used as it is classed as a sub account email - is there anyway of detaching this and having it as my own?

Thanks

razza923

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately no.

Consider taking this opportunity to migrate your email needs over to an independent email service, i.e. not tied to use of another service or ISP to benefit from:

• no longer worrying that change of ISP will result in loss on email address(es)
  • security that is equal to or greater than the services it will be used with
  • better spam filtering and management

FYI: whilst your mother's account has Virgin Media broadband you can continue to use the email address but should it be terminated then all email addresses under the account will be permanently deleted after 90 days; should this not occur then do not be tempted to continue using the email address as it can be deleted at anytime without further notice.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Primary email addresses are directly linked to the MyVirginMedia login for that account. For this reason the linked address cannot be changed. You can however change the contact details field in MyVirginMedia to point to another address.

So whatever primay address your account was set up with cannot be changed.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi razza923,

Thank you for your post. 

Sadly as 用心棒 & nodrogd have confirmed we wouldn't be able to move that over to your account. 

But you can amend your contact details if needs be. 

^Martin