cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has my Email been deleted?

moonbeam1976
Tuning in

Hi, I cancelled my contract on 20th July, was told I had 90 days to use my email account to get all emails changed and any important ones moved. It has now stopped working, I can't login, my account isn't found on virgin media. Can they get an email account back if its been deleted by mistake? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@moonbeam1976 You should still be able to access the email account via a third party email client.  VM webmail access is always the first access route to be closed and can happen before 90 days.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/manage-email-account

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@moonbeam1976 You should still be able to access the email account via a third party email client.  VM webmail access is always the first access route to be closed and can happen before 90 days.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/manage-email-account

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thank you Graham, It doesn't work on that link either unfortunately. Hopefully tech support will be able to advise 🙂

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please confirm that your tried Graham_A's advice and installed an email client, like Thunderbird, to check if that allowed you to access the account?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Yes I have tried what Graham A told me to do, I have also installed thunderbird and it won't let me log in then either. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@moonbeam1976  The VM Forum Team should be able to look at the account and see what has happened as it should not have been closed so quickly.

They will respond here but probably not before tomorrow.

Hi moonbeam1976,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you don't have access to your Email address after leaving us even though it is not 90 days since you left us.

So I can try to help I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.