cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not accessible

SladeA
Tuning in

Is there a general issue with emails? My email has been inaccessible since yesterday 6pm. The automatic bot will not accept questions.

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SladeA,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your email access!

Thank you to @jpeg1 for providing a link to the post our Moderators made about this issue. Can you keep us updated and let us know if this issue is now resolved, or do you need any further assistance with this? 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you Paulina_Z for your reply.

Yes I did resolve the issue eventually, but it took about a day and a half. I had to phone the help number, but could not do that at first because there appeared to be a wider issue with VM which meant that no operatives (human or bots) were available until the Sunday. The (human) person who helped me on Sunday was very kind and talked me patiently through the process, involving downloading another browser. That was a scary as well as frustrating experience, but I was so relieved to have my email back.

I had no idea what the problem was at first because I could not get through on Saturday because no-one (or thing) was accepting messages or phone calls. When I did eventually get access to my email, I found the email telling me that my email had been blocked due to suspicious activity. But I could not see that email because my email had been blocked. There has to be a better way to notify users of problems like this without recourse to multiple email accounts. I think in any case I will try to move away from using Virgin Media as my main email account as I don't want to go through this experience again.

Hi SladeA,

I'm really sorry it took so long to get this resolved and you struggled to speak with us, although I am glad to hear you got it sorted in the end

If you do need help with anything else please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us from here. We're always more than happy to help

Kind regards

Beth