cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete my virgin.net email account

Broonie101
Joining in

At my wits end. I've requested over years that my virgin.net account gets deleted as it was hacked a number of years back and I haven't bothered to use it. All I do is delete all the emails that I receive, but what I want and what I have been fobbed off by numerous people at Virgin Media is that "it will be sorted by month end", "in 24 hours", "it's Talk Talk's responsibility".

In this day and age you'd think it'd be fairly straightforward and someone could sort this out. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Broonie101  Welcome to the Community.   Orphaned account deletion is something that the VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you with.  They will respond to this thread shortly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Broonie101,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I will be able to help you to get this email address deleted from our system. Are you currently a Virgin Media customer?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Yes I am.

Where can I find "Manage your settings" - not on my account!

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Broonie101 wrote:

Where can I find "Manage your settings" - not on my account!

If the virgin.net email address concerned is connected to your current VM broadband account then this would be under the My Virgin Media account for the Virgin net email address.  However, it isn't called Manage you account settings any more but Account Settings> Account details> Manage other My Virgin Media accounts.

If the virgin.net email address is the primary username for your current VM broadband account you won't be able to delete it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Broonie101

I will send you a private message now so we can get this resolved for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide