cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing email address on mobile.

Vessel
Tuning in

When I access my email on my desktop or laptop, I use the third party email address, and Microsoft security Biometrics. When I try to access my account on my mobile (not Virgin Mobile), I cannot use the Windows biometrics, so have attempted to set up a password.

When I do this, I get a message that says "Strength Invalid." That is as far as I can go, and have not been able to access my emails on my device.

7 REPLIES 7

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Vessel, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this, also a warm welcome to the community.

If it working on everything else, this is great I would advise you to login in via the webpage on mobile instead of trying to set it up on mail.

You wouldn't need to set a password as you are already logging in, this might be windows getting you to make an extra layer of security password.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

I do access it through the website, on my mobile, using the broadband button. It now only gives me the option of signing in using a password that I cannot change. Would this be a problem caused by my NTL World address?

If so, can I change my email address to a Virgin Media one? There is a lot of talk that I have seen on the forum, that Virgin might be thinking of getting rid of their email service altogether. Is this the case?

Hi Vessel, 

When using a third party client or mail app, you would need to use your VM email address and a generated app password. This isn't something that can be chosen though. Your log in to My VM would need to remain as a third party email address. This is due to new multifactor authentication rules put in place to help protect your data. 

There are no plans to remove any email addresses that are currently connected to active broadband subscribers. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Matt,

I have tried everything that you have suggested, and I still get the "Strength Invalid" message, and cannot progress any further. This is getting very frustrating now as I am paying for a service that I cannot access.

Regards

Peter

Just to confirm sorry it is working on a desktop the only issue you are facing is on mobile?

What mobile do you have is it fully updated?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Vessel
Tuning in

This is getting ridiculous now. I cannot access my emails on any device, not desktop, laptop or mobile! None of your advice that I have received on this forum works. Nobody seems to be bothered. Sort it, or I leave.

Hey @Vessel,

Sorry to hear this, can you confirm is it via the 3rd party applications you cannot log in? If so are you still able to access it via our webmail service here?

Joe