cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set new secondary email account password

kirstytrigg
Tuning in

I have been with NTLWorld/VirginMedia for something like 20 years.

When I first established my account I setup ntlworld.com email addresses.  The email address I use for many many different logins online is not the same email address that I use to login to my Virgin Media account.

I've looked at various explanations of how to set a password for my old email address, but I'm not getting anywhere.

When I log in to my account, using the 'primary; email address, I can't see any reference to the secondary account in account settings, though I can reset a password for my primary email account.

I believe I need to generate an app password now, to get round multi factor authentication, but I seem to have no way to do this.

Please let help.  I spent around 40 minutes on the phone to customer support, who I'm afraid failed to assist.  If Virgin Media is not keen to continue to provide email support, then I would really like you to say so.  That way I could make the effort to change my emails over to another account - which I have already starting doing.

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@kirstytrigg Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

First sign out of your primary account then sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes, there are no security answers set for the account.  So you recommend I spend another 40 minutes on the phone to customer services who completely fail to solve my problem.

I have a sense of deja vu.  I spent a lot of time complaining to Virgin Media that I couldn't access Netflix.  That took 10 of my 18 month contract period to resolve, even with the intervention of this forum.

I've stayed with Virgin Media as they have been competitively priced.  I have to admit the customer service seems to be increasingly terrible and I'm begining to worry I have made a mistake.

Ok, thanks Virgin Media.  It just easier to change my email addresses everywhere I can.

Hi @kirstytrigg,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with an email account. To clarify, you're saying that this is in relation to a secondary email account? Are you saying that you're unable to locate it via the online account to adjust its settings?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!