cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 and Virgin Media Contracts

superb33s
Tuning in

I'm hoping somebody can clarify the link (if any) between my O2 contract and my Virgin Media contract.

I took out a new contract about 6 months ago with VM which required me to take an Unlimited Sim from O2 at £25/month. I didn't need or want it, let alone needing unlimited data etc. but them's the rules of the game at the time.

After a few initial mistakes by VM and some false starts, switching over to O2 has been fine and I have no major grumbles, (except their automatic price increases).

Now I've seen that when I log into my O2 account they are offering me the opportunity to 'upgrade' to a different sim only contract. By cutting back to one that has a data allowance more in line with my usage is an obvious way to save myself a few quid each month.

So, if I did change my contract with O2 at this stage, does it affect my Virgin Media contract or services in anyway?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi superb33s

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

There would no change to your Virgin Media services don't worry 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi superb33s

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

There would no change to your Virgin Media services don't worry 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

unisoft
Well-informed

@superb33s wrote:

I'm hoping somebody can clarify the link (if any) between my O2 contract and my Virgin Media contract.

I took out a new contract about 6 months ago with VM which required me to take an Unlimited Sim from O2 at £25/month. I didn't need or want it, let alone needing unlimited data etc. but them's the rules of the game at the time.

After a few initial mistakes by VM and some false starts, switching over to O2 has been fine and I have no major grumbles, (except their automatic price increases).

Now I've seen that when I log into my O2 account they are offering me the opportunity to 'upgrade' to a different sim only contract. By cutting back to one that has a data allowance more in line with my usage is an obvious way to save myself a few quid each month.

So, if I did change my contract with O2 at this stage, does it affect my Virgin Media contract or services in anyway?

Yep, you can do this. I change to more data allowance by getting a USWITCH tariff. It allows you to login during the checkout process, which is O2's, and then you just say NO to question about delivery of a SIM. Done this a few times but was not on Ultimate package.