cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service/outage issue with 5X Hub

horizon-in
Tuning in

Hi,

I hope anyone can help. I had my virgin Broadband 1Gig with 5X hub installed on 24/04. It worked well for the first day but next day it says no service. The hun shows blue flashing light. I have called Virgin helpline so many times, they say there is an outage in my area with 5X hub. Although on my virgin app and the service check helpline says no issues in my area. It is now nearly 60 hours I am with no service with Virgin Broadband. I am still in 14 days cooling cancel off period, very disappointed. Anyone else has come across similar issues ? Any solutions ? The customer service have no idea, every time they promise it will be fixed by end of the day, but so far false promises 

12 REPLIES 12

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

See https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

But not having a working Broadband is so challenging. Also from this page it looks like it is compensation after not resolved two working days so I guess the weekend doesn’t count. Interesting thing is the Virgin website says no issue in my area but helpline says outage for 5X hub users 

horizon-in
Tuning in

I am having same issue with 5x hub installed last Wednesday. The day after no broadband service now for nearly 72 hours. The virgin app says no issues in my area but the helpline says outage for 5x hub users. They keep promising it will be fixed in next few hours but no luck so far 

Interesting point. As far as I can make out from paragraph 22 of the relevant Ofcom code "working hours" means the hours the reporting channels for this are open (which for VM is 24/7 as it is online) . https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0026/216962/Industry-Code-of-Practice-for-Automatic-...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

horizon-in
Tuning in

Can anyone else help or experienced similar issues. I am still stuck with no virgin broadband service

Hi, what area are you in? 

We are sheffield and have had no broadband since Thursday. I had a technician booked sat morning which virgin cancelled without informing us, 4 hour house wait. 

I have rang customer support the last 2 days, all they can say is there is an outage somewhere. No estimated time to fix.

We have had no communications from virgin. It is woefull. We only moved to virgin fibre a month ago. Wish we hadn't, our copper based Internet from sky didn't fail once in 5 years. 

I did ask India what the SLA( service level agreement  )agreement is on responding to faults, but got blank reply.

I had wrongly presumed that the fibre network would be at least a ring topology, giving us a redundant network, seems it isn't, more worrying is that there is obviously a single point of failure in the network, so every time a cable is damaged or a routeur fails we will have a broadband blackout. Shocking service.

We are also Sheffield S17 postcode, no Broadband service since Thursday. Called multiple times on helpline, very unhelpful. Do you also have 5X hub ? They say it is outage for 5X hub only. I am still in 14 days cooling off period so thinking of leaving Virgin and going back to Sky or Vodafone. Sky we never had an issue for single full day in last 6 years

Technician visits are getting cancelled as they say it is an outage and until fixed, not much can be done. Shocked to see such poor service. At least your comment tells me that there is a fault and they are not totally lying. As I am also from Sheffield S17 area 

horizon-in
Tuning in

Anyone else in Sheffield experiencing Virgin No internet service ?