cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6Box - cannot get past welcome/starting up screen

Miramont21
Joining in

My V6 box isn’t working.  It is constantly scanning through the ‘Welcome’ and ‘Starting Up’ screens and occasionally briefly says something about updating planned recordings and has been doing that for several hours now.  I have tried rebooting and also checking the virgin media app for help but it just says no-one can help me now.  Does anyone have any ideas what I can do?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Miramont21 wrote:

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do?

Call into TV faults to report your V6 won't boot up - 0345 4541111 or 150 from a VM phone.

Or staff should be along to this thread in a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Miramont21 wrote:

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do?

Call into TV faults to report your V6 won't boot up - 0345 4541111 or 150 from a VM phone.

Or staff should be along to this thread in a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks.  That is really helpful.  I did try to call but was on hold for half an hour before I was cut off.  I will persevere if that is the right thing to do and try again tomorrow.

Hey Miramon21, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear you are having some TV issues.

However I have taken a look from our side and I can see you've been speaking to team lately, did they manager to this resolved for you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

No.  Nothing is working and at no point has anyone been in touch with me.  An engineer came out 6 days after I first tried to report the problem when I was finally offered an appointment online.  He swapped out my TiVo box and within 5 minutes of him leaving neither my TV nor broadband were working.  Needless to say it is once more impossible to contact anyone to find out what is going on.  I’ve had enough and I think my only option is to leave and look elsewhere for a company that at least has someone I can speak to when there is a problem.

Hey Miramont21, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some trouble speaking to us about your issues.

Unfortunately this platform is not an instant reply, however I am going to send you a PM so we can get to the bottom of it.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?