cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box stuck on starting up

Helly72
Joining in

My virgin box has been stuck on starting up since last night . I’ve done all the usual things to rectify the problem but it’s still the same . I have another box in one of the bedrooms and that’s working fine . I’ve managed to book an engineer (will be out Tuesday) but was just wondering if anyone has any idea what the problem could be and if it can be fixed without an engineer actually having to come out . 
Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That tech has been booked because VM faults haven't been able to resolve this remotely, and this needs physical hands & eyes "on the ground" in front of your kit. There's a very strong chance your box will get replaced, so no - if this could have been resolved without an engineer visit, it probably would have been.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That tech has been booked because VM faults haven't been able to resolve this remotely, and this needs physical hands & eyes "on the ground" in front of your kit. There's a very strong chance your box will get replaced, so no - if this could have been resolved without an engineer visit, it probably would have been.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Helly72, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry that you needed a tech to come and fix the issues.

However if the tech has been booked this means we cannot fix it remotely and we will need to get a tech out to fix the issues.

Also if the box is failing to much there isn't much we can do remotely as it's an issue with the box which most likely will need replacing. 

Please keep us updated on how the visit goes. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?