cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talksport 927

BSPN99
Dialled in

I've had bad reception for about a week now. Reception is fine on freeview and DAB.

24 REPLIES 24

Where in UK are you? postcode prefix is fine.

Also what firmware version on you on - found in help -> system info -> system info ?

I have had it in the past on RTE1 I think but not recently. That was a VM bug them which they found.

@BSPN99 wrote:

Still the same, but I mainly listen to the recorded programs so it's ok. Is it a fault on my box or somewhere else?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Postcode L36.

I can see hardware and software versions but not firmware.

Sorry - software version.

@BSPN99 wrote:

Postcode L36.

I can see hardware and software versions but not firmware.

20.10.1.1.RC5-VMB-11-C68

dibspl
On our wavelength

We have the same problem, my husband listens to talksport all day, every day and the last couple of weeks talksport on VM has been distorted, stuttering. We use tune in radio to listen atm. We are postcode PL9. Software version 20.10.1.1.R5-v but-1 1-c68 on TiVo box

dibspl
On our wavelength

Sorry autocorrect thinks it knows better, software 20.10.1.1.RC5-VMB-1 1-C68

If you haven't already tried it, press the skip backwards button once. mine is then OK but 15 seconds behind.

Eight seconds behind.

Thanks for info - it seems to fix if you press pause for about 5 seconds.

@dibspl wrote:

We have the same problem, my husband listens to talksport all day, every day and the last couple of weeks talksport on VM has been distorted, stuttering. We use tune in radio to listen atm. We are postcode PL9. Software version 20.10.1.1.R5-v but-1 1-c68 on TiVo box

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As previous, this is a bug that affects some boxes but not others, so fixing it is nigh on impossible. AFAIK the issue does not affect the Horizon 360 platform boxes, only the TiVO driven ones.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks