cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusting replacement remote

Shabadoobs
Tuning in

I ordered a replacement remote, opened the packaging not expecting reconditioned. Its filthy, there's actual gunk in the crevices and a well used look and feel to the button area with a dead skin scum look to it. I've seen better hotel remotes. I'm really annoyed about it that not only you see fit to send used parts to existing long time customers but that someone thought that was acceptable to post it out looking like that! 

5 REPLIES 5

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Ahhh...well.  Sounds like remote controls go through the same quality controlled returned equipment process as a returned hub.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

I suspect that you can remove the muck with a rag and an acetone based nail polish remover.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Mr Gooner!  That is the sort of wicked advice I'd like to have thought of. 

I'd be giving it on the basis that acetone is highly likely to remove any control markings as well as the dirt, and as a defrocked VIP it's my job to offer advice like that, but what's your rationale?

You must be in the running to be a future VIP, don't spoil your chances.

Even I occasionally get my hands dirty. 😅

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Shadadoobs

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your new remote

I am going to drop you a private message now to investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself so we can have this resolved

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs