cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTSport1 Picture breakup

Mick_67
Joining in

I have recently been provided with replacement TiVo box which after call to VM works fine. I have a strange issue with BTSport1 when I switch to channel - the picture pixelates heavily for 2 or 3 seconds and then is fine. It only happens with this channel - none of other BTSport - irrespective of whether I use Ch up / down or key in the number. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have any issues with 4-Seven-HD or BBC News HD?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have any issues with 4-Seven-HD or BBC News HD?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Just checked and BBC News HD is a yes, 4-7-HD no

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm tempted to ask how much of an inconvenience this is, if the picture settles down within a couple of seconds - it sounds like a fresh-tune might be going on, and similar to the black screen you'd otherwise get when you first choose a new channel. Has it only started recently?

BBC News HD, 4-Seven HD & BT-Sport 1-HD are all on the same broadcast frequency, hence asking. So the only mystery is why 4-7-HD isn't doing it. Is one of your tuners already on that channel without you realising? Press the info button on your V6 and scroll to the bottom tab to check the tuner status. Is anything on Ch203 already, and therefore already tuned?

After checking again, 4-7-HD is also affected. If I recall it started last Wednesday night, the box was replaced last Saturday.

Its not a great inconvenience just seemed peculiar and was wondering if there was an underlying issue that needed sorting before it got worse.

Hi @Mick_67,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear you're having a little bit of trouble with a few channels. If you haven't done so already, please ensure all connections into the box are completely secure and tight, and after that perform a hard reboot of the box. To do this, unplug it via the mains whilst it's still powered on, leave it unplugged for at least 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.

Let us know how you get on and if that helps at all.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi there - tried that just now and no change. Still the picture breakup for a few seconds in the same channels.

Thanks for coming back to us @Mick_67 and trying the advice that my colleague.

I have looked into our system and can see an issue with the power levels going into your TV box that will need to be looked into further.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for confirming the correct details via private message @Mick_67.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can track your engineer appointments online.

Simply sign in to My Virgin Media and you’ll see your appointments on your account dashboard.

Regards,

Steven_L