cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer UHD?

JAK92
On our wavelength

Probably being asked before, but with upcoming Glastonbury and Wimbledon set to be broadcast in UHD on iPlayer is there any idea when, if and why iPlayer app on the 360 box isn't showing UHD content yet it is on the V6 box. Doesn't make sense to me! 

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JAK92 

Is the TV your 360 is connected to on the BBC's supported device list? 

Have you checked that the iPlayer is set up for 4K on your 360?

Apps > All Apps > BBC iPlayer > Settings > Try new features in iPlayer BETA >  iPlayer BETA > make sure it's ticked then click Close

You should then be able to scroll through the programs and any that are in UHD will be listed as such.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The page has the list of current UHD content on iPlayer that you should be able to access if it's all set up correctly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/features/uhd-connected-tv/
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

ozsat
Superstar

360 works fine here in UHD on iPlayer.

@JAK92 wrote:

Probably being asked before, but with upcoming Glastonbury and Wimbledon set to be broadcast in UHD on iPlayer is there any idea when, if and why iPlayer app on the 360 box isn't showing UHD content yet it is on the V6 box. Doesn't make sense to me! 

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

JAK92
On our wavelength

@newapollo @ozsat @BenMcr

So weirdly my TV for some reason doesn't show as supported for iPlayer in UHD despite it being a pretty new TV (Philips 43PUS8555/12) and despite the Fire Stick I have able to broadcast iPlayer in UHD on that television. 

Did the iPlayer beta thing but still nothing, no idea why as 360 box broadcasts UHD content on other apps and channels perfectly fine so no idea why iPlayer isn't showing as compatible for my TV especially when other devices connected to it can broadcast it in UHD 🤷‍♂️. Surely if the box broadcasts in UHD which it does that should automatically allow iPlayer to broadcast in UHD 

Looks like I'll have to just watch it through the Fire Stick unless someone can let me know a way round the iPlayer not showing UHD on my 360 box? Just seems odd to me if it's because the TV isn't on the listed devices why it would allow me to broadcast it via my Fire Stick on that TV. 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
On that TV try checking this setting for the HDMI input of the 360:

Settings > All settings > Picture > Advanced > Colour > Colour gamut.

Make sure that is set to 'Wide'
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

JAK92
On our wavelength
Hi,

Just checked them settings seems Wide was already set on it! Just massively confused by it. I've also checked the Android TV on the TV itself and iPlayer on there shows UHD content and plays perfectly fine so it's very very odd. Clearly the link between the Virgin Box, iPlayer and the TV aren't agreeing with each.

Tried swapping the HDMI to a port you know UHD works on?

@JAK92 wrote:
Hi,

Just checked them settings seems Wide was already set on it! Just massively confused by it. I've also checked the Android TV on the TV itself and iPlayer on there shows UHD content and plays perfectly fine so it's very very odd. Clearly the link between the Virgin Box, iPlayer and the TV aren't agreeing with each.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

JAK92
On our wavelength
Not yet but I'll try that now 👍