cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating with new remote

jaybee84
On our wavelength

So I've recently changed package and was told my box will update the old software to the 360 interface when new remotes arrive on Wednesday, meaning I'd lose all my recordings. I'm just wondering if it's possible to delay the update if I don't pair the new remotes, to buy some time and get through my recordings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jaybee84 

The boxes will upgrade themselves 5 days after the remotes arrive in the post.

Info from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/virgin-tv-360 

Section Setting up the 360 > sub section "Why have I only received remote controls?"

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've been a little misadvised here.

@jaybee84 wrote:

So I've recently changed package and was told my box will update the old software to the 360 interface when new remotes arrive on Wednesday, meaning I'd lose all my recordings.

A package change is just that - a change of billing package. Nothing more, nothing less - and certainly no impact on your TV box software.

What's been given to you at the same time is (what should be) a voluntry conversion of your V6 into a TV360. It's completely different software, and fundamentally TV360 is not TiVo/V6.

As part of the conversion onto TV360, your V6 is completely reformatted and everything you have on it - recordings & series-links - is completely wiped. Once you receive the new remotes, you have a few days before the "upgrade to 360 now" icon appears on your V6 menu. You then have some time to voluntarily convert before the software update will be enforced on you - how long that is, I don't think is documented anywhere.

But certainly you need to consider your time on TiVo/V6 now on borrowed time and get any recordings viewed ASAP. Also start going through the TV guide and find out which programmes are either shown again (thus can be re-recorded) or are available OnDemand somewhere.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jaybee84 

The boxes will upgrade themselves 5 days after the remotes arrive in the post.

Info from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/virgin-tv-360 

Section Setting up the 360 > sub section "Why have I only received remote controls?"

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali