cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 Upgrade

lukepawley
On our wavelength

I recently recieved my upgrade pack for moving to TV360. Upon recieiving this, I followed all instructions but there was no option to 'Upgrade to TV360' on my V6 box, either from the home screen or from the Apps and Games screen. It has been 4 days now and I have made a total of 4 hours 34 minutes worth of phonecalls over 7 separate occasions only to be fobbed off time and time again. Nobody at Virgin seems to be able to force the upgrade through and each time they promise me a callback (4 occassions) and I get nothing, nada, zip! This is the tip of the iceberg. I am on a multi-room contract so they sent me a V6 mini as well to replace my Samsung Tivo. Upon switching on the Tivo 4 days ago, all my channels were blocked and I could not connect. So, I plugged in the new V6 mini and went through setup. Now all I get is C1011 error - Can't retireve account. So, no services at all in one room, no upgrade option in another. No help at all from the tech team, no phone calls back from anyone.

This is all after another issue 3 weeks ago during which it took 6 days and 14 phonecalls to get a replacement Tivo box (beofre I made the mistake of trying to upgrade) because the original one had perished. 

When I spoke to the agent about refunding my monthly payment, or at least part of it, for lack of services, he said they couldnt do that and that nobody from the CS team would help me after I requested to be put through to them. It is, quite simply, the single most frustrating and incompetent service provider I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.  

44 REPLIES 44

@roy247 wrote:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Upgrading-to-360-from-existing-V6-amp-TiVo-setup/...

So why does that link directly contradict what I was told when successive CS bods were unable to send the upgrade signal to my V6 box because I also had a Tivo? I was told that the software push couldn't happen because of the Tivo in the house, and that I couldn't swap the Tivo for a Mini myself, and it had to be done by an engineer?  This was last month, three months after the date of that post.

As it happens I'm pleased that they couldn't upgrade me because I know a lot more now than I did then, and don't wish to upgrade.

So half of VM staff are saying you can't upgrade a Tivo to a Mini yourself, and the other half are saying you can.  I wonder which is true.

Well as I don't work for Virgin I can't and certainly wouldn't make excuses for some of the 1st level answers you get as most of them only seem to be able to read from a script.

Maybe they can see another problem why they can't send the update, but in 'theory' it should be possible,

@roy247 wrote:

Well as I don't work for Virgin I can't and certainly wouldn't make excuses for some of the 1st level answers you get as most of them only seem to be able to read from a script.

Maybe they can see another problem why they can't send the update, but in 'theory' it should be possible,

Here’s what happened. A whole succession of agents (at least 4, maybe more, I forget exactly) attempted to push the update to my new V6 box. I had promises of calls back etc. Then the last one said “Oh, it’s failing because you have a discount, I’ll transfer you to someone who can sort this”. I then got put through to a level 2 tech who burst out laughing when I told him that. He informed me that it was failing because I had a TiVo in a second room. So I suggested they send me a Mini to remove the TiVo. He told me that can’t be done as a self-install and requires an engineer visit. 

Now I see posters on here stating that everybody above was wrong and you can push the update to a V6 even if you have a TiVo as a second box, and that you can self-install a Mini

What prompted all this was when an engineer replaced our very early V6 box and told us that this new one could be upgraded to TV360. Once again posters on here are contradicting this and saying any old V6 box of any age can be updated. 

So frankly I don’t know who’s right and who’s wrong but as I’m not intending to move to TV360 any time soon I also don’t care that much. 

It might be nice for someone from VM to give the official word though. 

lukepawley
On our wavelength

No, the tech team haven't helped. I rang again today after the promised phonecall never arrived of course, and, once again, nobody wanted to take any responsibility and solve the issue. 

I just don't know how I can get out of this circle of incompetence. 

Just to add to the confusion, the Mini V6 which I replaced the old Samsung Tivo with, is now working with TV360. However, my main V6 still won't upgrade and there is no option to do this! So, my TV360 account is live as it is working in the second room on the mini V6. 

I find it inexplicable then, that they can't force through through upgrade on my main Arris V6. 

s9750
On our wavelength

Sorry for being thick BenMcr but we have two V6 boxes and a third box which is a Tivo. Is that suitable for self install or will we require an engineer when they are back?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning all, 

There seems to have been a bit of confusion here and I hope I will be able to clear this up for you. 

• Upgrading the V6 to the 360,  you will receive a remote though the post and this will then be used to prosses the upgrade. 
  • If you are upgrading your v6 to the 360 software all of your box's will need to be upgraded.
  • TiVo box's will need to be replaced by a 360 mini box.  
  • The mini box's can be self installed, the only exception to this is if you were upgrading your hub at the same time. 

Hope this helps, any more questions feel free to send them over. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

@Zak_M wrote:

Good morning all, 

There seems to have been a bit of confusion here and I hope I will be able to clear this up for you. 

• Upgrading the V6 to the 360,  you will receive a remote though the post and this will then be used to prosses the upgrade. 
  • If you are upgrading your v6 to the 360 software all of your box's will need to be upgraded.
  • TiVo box's will need to be replaced by a 360 mini box.  
  • The mini box's can be self installed, the only exception to this is if you were upgrading your hub at the same time. 

Hope this helps, any more questions feel free to send them over. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

No it's not helpful because it is categorically untrue. I HAD to leave Virgin over this exact issue and my contract just ended on 19th May. For ages my set up consisted of two V6's and an old style TIVO box. All my problems began when I updated the two V6 's to 360 having been promised the third old TIVO box could be replaced with a 360 mini as a self install. Weeks later after following the usual nonsense with various people and depts on the phone all saying different things that we always have to put up with, it was confirmed it had to be an engineers visit and not a self install. Except of course due to covid this was not able to happen. Instead, my old TIVO was deactivated by Virgin because of course it can't run alongside the now two 360 updated boxes and so instead we lost all TV in my son's room. With no engineers visit available in the foreseeable future and having by now gone three weeks without any TV in my sons room, I was forced to leave Virgin and join sky in order to end up with three working boxes.

So please do not come on here telling people they can replace an old TIVO with a new 360 as a self install and that the ONLY exception is if they are getting a new hub at the same time as it is simply, point blank, factually incorrect.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me @stephentucker

Before responding I did reach out to one of our senior support on the 360 team to make sure the information I was providing was correct. 

Whilst in your specific instance this doesn't seem to be the case, I can assure you that in the majority of cases the above advise is correct. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

lukepawley
On our wavelength

So, 2 weeks and no help at all. I was promised that without any fail, my main V6 box would be upgraded on the 27th. Here we are and guess what?

That's right, absolutely nothing. The Mini V6 in a second room is working fine on TV360 but my main V6 in the living room is still not upgraded and still has no option for me to do this manually from my end. 

Nobody at Virgin wants to help at all. I cannot speak to a single solitary person who spends any time trying to fix the problem. I either get promised a call back which has not happened on the last 4(!)  occasions.

I have literally just rang. The call was answered. Someone said that they would pop me on hold to check. 18 minutes on hold and then guess what? That's right. Cut off. 

Appalling beyond all belief.