cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV stuck in cycle of Welcome -> Downloading -> reboot

Furtim
Joining in

Hi,

TV360 box is stuck in a cycle where you turn it on, the 'Welcome' screen is shown followed by a downward arrow filling towards a box for while, reboot and then the same in an endless cycle.

So far I have:

• Left it this way for 48 hours - no change
  • Turned the box off, unplugged for 5 min, 10, min, a day, replugged. Same
  • As above but holding down the power and '+' buttons (factory reset?) while powering up until welcome screen - Same.
  • Swapped the main box for my mini box, everything works on the Mini box using those connections (ethernet and the TV cable), so the connections are fine.
  • Using the Mini box validated the connectivity from settings, all good.
  • Plugging my TV360 into the mini box cabling in the other room gives the same error, so I am confident the issue is with the box and not any of the connections.

Are there any other techniques I can get to break the box out of this cycle? 

Is there an easy way just to get a replacement 360 box dispatched for swap out? I really don't want to have to go through the whole 'book and engineer' scenario if possible - it's just a box swap as far as I can tell.

2 REPLIES 2

roy247
Community elder

Hi Furtim,

You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault or wait here for one of the forum team team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Furtim

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Apologies for the issues with the TV box - you do need a tech visit.

I shall PM you now to assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill