cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search content

Bigfish265
Joining in

When I use the search function I don’t see any results from Netflix, Prime or Disney. 

I used to see Netflix, but I only get results from Virgin or YouTube. Is there a setting that needs to be changed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In the search facility, there is field with two options - All and Netflix.

While it would be logical that All would include Netflix, I don’t think it does.

Change that field to Netflix.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In the search facility, there is field with two options - All and Netflix.

While it would be logical that All would include Netflix, I don’t think it does.

Change that field to Netflix.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Bigfish265 

I've just searched Light & Magic (both via voice search and also manually typing in the title) and it came up for Disney +

I've also just used voice search and a manual search for All or Nothing and it came up for Prime.

It isn't quite as easy searching for Netflix content as Netflix have taken the decision to make it harder to aggregate their content. This is a change in policy which affects a lot of the top providers  - I'm not sure if it's been integrated into the Sky search now.

<<< This post >>>  by @Ernie_C shows how to search for Netflix. This method immediately launches Netflix when selecting a result.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Certainly it’s not intuitive. But I don’t get any results from Prime video. Is there a reason why that’s disappeared? Also I can’t seem to navigate to change the All to Netflix. How do I do that?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Bigfish265 

Click on the Search icon, then using the directional pad on the 360 remote press Up (twice) then press Right, then click on All, and press Down on the directional pad.

Have you tried rebooting the 360 as the voice and keyboard search work on both Prime and Disney+ ?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali