cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red button.

Deedee011
Joining in

Why cant i use the interactive red button on sky sports to watch the championship games. Never worked.

26 REPLIES 26

SannyBay4
On our wavelength

yeah I know how it's supposed to work. It's not working. Hangs for ages then says unable to tune to channel. It's a very familiar problem. Normally VM have paid attention by now and sorted it, but tonight they seem more interested in telling us that the commentary might not match - which is interesting, but irrelevant if you can't get on to it in the first place. 

Must be an area problem then.

Brilliant....... when did they change it to having to press the info button, never used to thanks

seems pressing the info button is the answer.......   must have changed some time ago

SannyBay4
On our wavelength

Yep that's the answer if it's working. But not if it's not working. Virgin - there is an issue here, a lot of people can't access the red button service at all. A message comes up saying the channel is unavailable after pressing the red button. (nb it's different from people who didn't realise you had to press info after pressing the red button, and it's different from the wrong commentary issue). 

@Briant1 wrote:

seems pressing the info button is the answer.......   must have changed some time ago

I think it did change some time ago but doesn't jump out at you after you press the red button.

@SannyBay4 wrote:

Yep that's the answer if it's working. But not if it's not working. Virgin - there is an issue here, a lot of people can't access the red button service at all. A message comes up saying the channel is unavailable after pressing the red button. (nb it's different from people who didn't realise you had to press info after pressing the red button, and it's different from the wrong commentary issue). 

Maybe you need to say where you are to help Virgin know where there is a problem.

Hi there @SannyBay4

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums. 

Are you still experiencing issues with your red button since your last post? 

Thank you. 

Hi, thanks for checking. I've not tried the red button since, as it's only relevant when there are football games on in midweek. It didn't start working at all during the match, though.

Hi SannyBay4,

Thanks for reaching back out, please try when next able and let us know how you get on.

Regards

Paul.