cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 360 remote

dibberly
Dialled in

Hi all

I’ve not had my 360 box for that long and recently (last 6 weeks or so) the volune buttons have been a bit hit and miss. Thought it was the batteries so I’ve just put in new ones but now the remote does not work at all ☹️  even put in the old batteries back in but absolutely nothing, no buttons work at all.   

Do I need to contact customer services for a new remote or can the kind folk here send on out to me?

thanks all 

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @dibberly 

Try factory resetting the remote.

Pressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds will factory reset the TV 360 remote.

You should then be able to pair the 360 remote again by holding down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the advice but tried that last night as I looked for solutions on Google .

I think the actual remote has gone faulty as the keys no longer light up when pressing buttons etc 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @dibberly 

That's a pity. A member of the Forum team should pick thus up in a day or two and order a replacement remote.

Have you downloaded the TVGO app which you can use as a temporary remote for now?

You might also be able to use your normal TV remote with the 360 if it's a smart remote, although not all functions for example voice control will be available.

MY LG Smart TV remote pairs with the 360 if I enter Virgin, or Ziggo,  or Ziggo Mediabox Next as the model number. It's also worked with a few other TV  manufacturers.

EDIT - changed zippo to ziggo - shows I'm ready for a ciggie ciggie.gif

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Luckily it’s the remote for the 2nd box (the satellite one) that does not work….don’t have any other smart remotes in the house so I will have to use the app for a few days

thanks for your suggestions 👍

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi dibberly, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

We are sorry to hear you are having issues with your remote control. 

We just wanted to check in and see if you have been able to order a replacement?

If not, please let us know and we will do all we can to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Nat

I have spoken to someone on whatsapp earlier who apparently has ordered a new remote for me as the old one is faulty - if you could check for me that would be brilliant

Thanks