cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 360 box error cs2004

Mikefar01
Joining in

I get ca2004 on some channels. But I can record them and replay them. And pixilation on some channels but not all

13 REPLIES 13

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mikefar01 wrote:

How does the signalling work. Are the he channels on women sort of different spectrum as it’s connected through coax?

All digital TV platforms broadcast channels in multiplexes - small groups - which don't always bear any resemblance to the EPG positions. You'll often have a mixture of channel genres multiplexed together, so sports channels tend to be carried on the same frequency as, say, drama or general entertainment ones.

Coax is the type of cable that VM use for the drop-link from the street cabinet to your home.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yip. But still puzzled that the signalling over internal coax impacts a group of channels. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you have a signal fault, it often (not always) affects particular frequencies. Whichever channels are carried on the affected frequencies will likely be affected by pixellation & breakup.

A good analogy would be a fault causing interference on, say, 87-91Mhz on the FM broadcast band. Radio 2 would be substantially affected by that, R3 would be affected in some areas, while R1 & R4 would get away largely scot-free.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Mikefar01, and thank you to the community for providing additional insight and support on this!

Please do let us know if you are still having any issues with your TV box so we can offer further help. 

All the best. 

Molly