cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent Charges

njraymer
Tuning in

My uncles account has been suspended.  When we contacted virgin, they told us that he has £212 of unpaid purchases on his account for 16 Adult Content (18+) movies.

My uncle is 82, lives alone and goes to bed at 9pm most every night.  These purchases were made using a PIN (which he has no knowledge of) between 10pm and 2am over 4 days. We have tried to contact customer services on the phone and over whatsapp and they are completely unhelpful, insisting that someone must have used the PIN to purchase but as mentioned, my uncle lives alone and is not tech savvy at all.

He uses the tv to watch sports channels only that he has as part of his subscription.

Can ANYONE help me at all as we aren't getting anywhere with customer service.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

njraymer
Tuning in
Hi Natalie

This is/has also happened to my uncle who is 82. He has been charged for 16 Adult (18) movies (bought between 10pm and 2am) over 2 days. He is single and in bed at 9pm each night and doesn't have a PIN (hat he is aware of). Can you please dm me so that I can find out how to sort out these charges (over £200). There is no way that he watches these types of content. He only watches football and sports.

Thanks
Nikki

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @njraymer,

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry that your uncle is having issues with his billing.

We are happy to help you with this, before I send you a private message, can you tell me if you would be able to pass data protection on the account.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley

yes I have all the information for his account.

Thanks
Nikki

Thank you for confirm that @njraymer

I will send you a private message now so we can go over account security. Once we have passed this we can discuss the account in detail. Look out for my PM's in your inbox. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley