cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

English commentary on S4C red button

mugshot
On our wavelength

The Wales Argentina game is on S4C with English commentary available on the red button. However on the TV360 the red button on S4C doesn't do anything.

The '...' button gives a choice of audio streams: 'Audio description', 'English' or 'Welsh'. However you just get the same Welsh commentary whichever you choose.

So, is there any way to get English commentary? If not then can you fix this please.

13 REPLIES 13

tafrock
Superfast

Anyone wishing to test the Welsh audio option in advance of next live game can do so by using catch up

Go to catch up. Change 'all channels' to s4c hd and all categories to sport 

Then choose the live: clwb rygbi programme and it should show last weekends Argentina v Wales match still

Press watch. When it starts use the ... Button and choose audio option and finally choose Welsh from that menu . Fast forward to 29 minutes when teams are shown and there's your English commentary 

Please note there was a bug for around 20 minutes of first half. Basically you could hear Eddie Jones English  commentary and not a lot else. This corrected itself mid way through first half and normal service resumed so You can hear Eddie Jones, ref mic and all background noises including the crowd

The audio for English and Welsh commentary is working fine on both V6 and 360 boxes - tested on the live rugby.
Also confirmed on both boxes is that by setting 'Welsh' as your default audio - English is automatically selected which switching to S4C.
==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

mugshot
On our wavelength

Thanks everyone for all the answers. I've picked Welsh to get English as suggested and I'm enjoying the dulcet tones of Eddie Jones now. 

Thanks for coming back to us @mugshot.

Glad to hear that you have been able to watch S4C with English commentary, I will also pass this onto the team to be looked into further.

Regards,

Steven_L