cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline switch over

davidrist
Tuning in

i have been notified that my current VM landline is going digital in January 2024. Does this mean i can safely strip out the existing landline cable that Blueyonder (pre VM) installed years ago. they ran surface cables along all the skirting boards and door architraving to get to the desired phone point.

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Once your phone switchover has happened, the only working phone socket will be the one on the back of the VM hub.

You could remove the internal phone extension wiring yourself or you could pay VM a £25 fee for a non-fault technician call out to do it for you.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, davidrist.
Thanks for posting on our help forums and welcome back to the community. 🙂
We'd be eager to assist with your query, in regard to our switchover process you may visit this link here to view more.

About the landline wiring question, we wouldn't be able to advise more based on the above however we can confirm that once the switchover takes effect in your area (or on your booked date if it requires an engineer visit to set up) the lines via wall sockets will deactivate permanently.

If you're within your switch period and looking to get some help with anything from additional (extension) wall sockets you need to retain, to upgrading or relocating your equipment for the line to connect to your hub and network, we're eager to help out.

Please, let us know if you fall into any of the reasons you see on the link where an engineer visit is required and we can gladly make arrangements for you in this case.
Regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs