cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and WiFi calling not working anymore

IoanaNeacsu
Up to speed

Hello, I've noticed that since 2-3 days VoLTE doesn't appear anymore where the cellular data is and WiFi calling is not available as well. I have done all the reset options to my phone and nothing, everything is ok as it was before. So, my question is, was this disabled in my area? Have I been switched back to the EE network? I need to say that VoLTE and 5G were both available on my phone but suddenly the VoLTE isn't available anymore. I can't say about 5G because I don't live in an area with 5G coverage. Can someone please check this? Thank you

46 REPLIES 46

Hi @Paulina_Z, I checked this in different areas as well and even though in those areas 5G was working, VoLTE didn't. I don't have another device to check but I'm sure it's not the device as I've even put this in SIM 1 tray and the EE one in SIM 2 and Virgin SIM still didn't work but the EE worked fine in SIM 2 tray. I didn't have any replacement for this SIM as it worked fine until last week, around the 24th or 25th of January. And now it's curious that 5G works well but not the VoLTE, I'm not very bothered about the WiFi calling not working. Thanks.

Hi @Paulina_Z, I've managed to put the Virgin SIM in another device and it's the same, no VoLTE or WiFi calling. Thanks.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @IoanaNeacsu,

Thank you for coming back to me about this and for checking another device. Sorry to hear that this has not resolved your issue.

The next step in this journey would be to send out a replacement SIM card to see if this can help. However, before we do this, I have refreshed some of our settings. 

Please give it at least 24 hours to see if this will improve your WiFi Calling. If this issue persists after this, please let us know and I'll be happy to help further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ok, thanks for letting me know @Paulina_Z. Will do that.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ IoanaNeacsu,

No problem at all! Please let us know how you get on and if you need any further help. 🙂

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Paulina_Z, a miracle has happened and the VoLTE and WiFi calling are now working again, since this evening around 7pm. I'm not sure if what you did helped or what I did helped or both. The most important thing is that now everything seems to work again. What I have done is just going into my phone's settings and create a new APN and set that up according to the sticky thread from here and using all those settings. I've used the combined one data and MMS. And just used this one instead of the default APN. And then after a moment while the mobile data didn't work on either of the Sims as I've kept switching between them and then from nowhere VoLTE appeared on Virgin SIM again and WiFi calling is available. I then moved back on the default APN and it works as well. So, again I'm not sure if this made it work or if you refreshing the settings made it work again but for the ones who have this issue it's worth refreshing their settings at your end and for them to do what I've done on their phone. Oh and now the phone number appears again in the phone's settings and the IMS Registration Status appears again as Registered. Happy days. Thank you.

Great to hear it's now working IoanaNeacsu,

Thanks for letting us know 🙂

Alex_Rm