cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive texts in USA

Cloud27
Joining in

I'm a Virgin mobile customer currently in USA and would be grateful for some guidance. My Xiaomi-redmi-note-5 is not receiving texts, it didn't receive the usual text on arrival about roaming.

My wife  is using the same make/model but with Plusnet and is receiving texts OK.  I do not wish to make/receive calls or use data, I'm only interested in receiving verification code texts from my bank.

I have spent many hours trying to resolve the issue without success, it would appear the the "messaging, chat and WhatsApp" support services referred to on the Virgin mobile website do not actually exist. I have checked settings on both phones and they appear to be the same.

6 REPLIES 6

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Cloud27,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are not receiving any notification Texts while Roaming in the USA, so I can help I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Cloud27,

I have refreshed your Roaming our end, please turn the phone off then back on and ask your Wife to send a test Text, when you travel abroad in the future turn Roaming off and back on Via your Mobile Online Account.

Regards

Paul.

Cloud27
Joining in

I have resolved the issue as follows -

Scrolled through the screens and found a folder labelled 'Tools' inside which was an icon labelled 'Virgin', when tapped this displayed 'Virgin 1' & 'Roaming'

Tapped 'Roaming' and it displayed 'Select mode' & 'Language Selection'

Tapped 'Select mode' and it displayed 'Automatic' & 'Manual' - 'Manual' was marked with an asterisk denoting it was pre-selected. Changed to 'Automatic', exited back to Home screen and backlog of texts were immediately received. All now working OK

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for updating the thread and letting us and the community know this has now been resolved Cloud27.

Also, thank you for sharing how it was resolved 🙂 

Please do reach out if there is anything we can do to assist in the future. 

Take care, 

Nat

It's worth noting connection could not be achieved via the Android setting directly, it was depenndant on the Virgin App found in the folder labelled 'Tools' and it connected via the AT&T network.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Cloud27,

Thank you for coming back to us and for providing a further update for this resolution. 

If you need any further help or assistance, please let us know. We're here to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs