cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to 4G

bgglp
Dialled in

I was advised in early October that as of my November refresh date I would be switched to 4g (from 3G) and that my package & cost would change. I presume the move to 4G would see me switch from EE to Vodafone.

My refresh has taken place but everything seems unchanged. Price and package still the same as previously, and I look to still be on 3G via the EE network.

Anyone had similar experience and able to offer any thought on how/when the switch may take place, please?

9 REPLIES 9

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi bgglp, thanks for reaching out to us, have you tried a manual network search on the handset? PDe

Thanks for getting back to me. I have tried switching the handset off/on, then I've tried a network scan. I can see vodafone UK but not EE in the list.

Does that help....?

Have you tried calling 789 from the mobile so the team can look into this for you? ^PDe

I hadn't tried 789. It's not desperately urgent, I was curious whether there was a known 'lag' for the switch to occur.

Hey bgglp,

I have located an account for you with the details we have for you, I will be happy to look into this for you, to do this I would need to invite you into a private chat, I will send a invite shortly, once received please click on the purple envelope to start?

Regards

Paul.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bgglp wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me. I have tried switching the handset off/on, then I've tried a network scan. I can see vodafone UK but not EE in the list.

Does that help....?

So you are still on EE. Looks like nothing has happened 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul

I've now spoken to 789. They reckon it takes up to 2 days for changes to percolate through the system, so hopefully by the end of this week the updates should be visible on my account (fingers crossed!)

But please feel free to continue with our "chat"....

Hey Paul,

Glad I was able to look into this for you, if this doesn't change as advised within the next 48 Hours please let us know?

Regards

Paul;.