cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card registration failed

epewats
Tuning in

Currently overseas and Received replacement SIM Card (4G & 5G compatible) however; due to the complexity of having to have UK based person receive the SIM from Virgin.  Then forward to me Via international Mail - there was more than 30 Days between issuance and arrival here; and I'm getting a "SIM card registration failed" message on phone; can I get the SIM 'reset' please?
It took until the third ask,  and6 Months + / - to get a SIM delivered to someone in UK who could forward - would like to Avoid going through all that again for another SIM, while also preserving the phone number allocated to it - as it's on record in Lots of places as 'Mine'.
Thanks in Advance
Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Peter,

Sorry to hear of the SIM card registration issues, we understand the frustration this can cause.

We are only able to send SIM cards to UK addresses, you are also only able to registered and activated in the UK. This is the same for all customers and would explain the issue's and delays previously. 

This is still the same now but to alleviate the activation issues we can send SIM card already activated.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Peter,

Sorry to hear of the SIM card registration issues, we understand the frustration this can cause.

We are only able to send SIM cards to UK addresses, you are also only able to registered and activated in the UK. This is the same for all customers and would explain the issue's and delays previously. 

This is still the same now but to alleviate the activation issues we can send SIM card already activated.

Rob

Thanks Rob,
I've managed to double check that this is the same for Both of the SIMs on the account; although one of them sent earlier did previously register normally.
How do I go about requesting the "Registered variety of SIMs" be sent to someone in the UK to forward to me?
Thanks
Peter

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @epewats,

We can only send a SIM to the registered address, so it would go to your home address.

When are you back in the UK?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide