cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request eSim for New iPhone

ChrisMann
Joining in

I bought a new iPhone and my old one had dual sim slot, but the new iPhone just have one esim and one physical sim slot.

Please advise how to request a esim! 

thanks! 

14 REPLIES 14

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @ChrisMann, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Unfortunately we are unable to order esims when you already have an account set up. This is currently only available at the point of sale.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you need anything further, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thank you Nathan, 

could you advice how can I fix this problem?

one physical slot, two SIM cards.

thanks ! 

please don’t tell me you can’t do anything! 

No worries, all we would be able to provide is a physical sim card at this current time.

We don't have any information as to if/when esims will be available after the point of sale currently.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect eSIM cards will not now be available with the effective closure of Virgin Mobile.

Once moved to O2 you can get an eSIM easily from them. But that doesn't help in the short term 

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/virgin-mobile-customers-begin-move-to-o2-plans/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your advice!

As mentioned, I have two physical SIM cards. Which one should I use? So that I can activate two numbers in one phone? Thanks again!

Sorry that I’m a dummy on new technology!

Thanks!

Is this two sim cards from us or one from us and another provider?

Regards

Nathan

Any different?🤔

Sorry, I don't quite mean what you mean by that. Are the two sim cards from Virgin Mobile?

Regards

Nathan

@ChrisMann wrote:

Thanks for your advice!

As mentioned, I have two physical SIM cards. Which one should I use? So that I can activate two numbers in one phone? Thanks again!

Sorry that I’m a dummy on new technology!

Thanks!

You can’t, it simply isn’t possible. You will unfortunately not be able to use one or other of the numbers which are tied to the SIM cards, other than physically swopping them over from time to time.

Your old iPhone with the ability to have two SIM cards, was it a special Chinese import by any chance, as they are really rare in the West?