cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of usage and barring

SamPat100101
Joining in

Hi,

My phone was stolen last month so I am currently making an insurance claim, to do this I need proof of usage and proof of barring. Would it be possible for this to be provided to me even though I did not buy my phone through Virgin, if this is not possible is there a way I can get a document saying Virgin cannot provide me with this information.

2 REPLIES 2

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SamPat100101 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're really sorry to hear you've had your phone stolen 😔

The only proof of usage we can provide would be your monthly bill, which would include your address and mobile number.

However, we can send an e-mail to you to confirm to your insurance provider that we're unable to provide you with proof of usage.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

siya156
Joining in

I recently lost my phone and my insurer requires proof of usage which I’ve sent through and has been accepted but they also require proof of barring (a letterheaded document that says my phone has been barred). I’ve contacted Virgin many times and there’s been no help whatsoever. Please can someone help me out with this asap. I understand from past posts here this is not something that you can provide. You can provide an official letter saying the lost/stolen request was made by the customer and advise the actions you have taken to block the SIM via the IMEI number. My device hasn't been blacklisted yet due to the migration, I haven't been migrated yet to O2.