cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged for 6 months!

Dbowater951
Joining in

In March ‘23, Virgin contacted us by post to tell us of our bill increasing. We contacted them to tell them it wouldn’t be feasible for us to continue at the new price. They then discounted the package to £45 until September and £51 on from there. This is all easily proven as I have a “Service Change Receipt” which clearly outlines it and highlights the dates of further changes. I have NEVER been charged only £45. It has always been significantly more. I have called Virgin which is when they initially blamed inflation for my current £57 charges (despite no extras) and said there is nothing wrong. They then found the correct files and agreed that I need a refund for the over-payment and connected me to disconnections (at my request). I should add that I have explained that I view this as a breach of contract by Virgin. As it was connecting, the line typically went dead (I had been on the phone for 50 minutes by this point). I call back, sit waiting to be answered for around half an hour to be asked the same questions again. I finally get to disconnections who try to tell me I have to pay ~£70 to disconnect early. I explain that I won’t be as this is a clause in a contract that Virgin has broken and therefore I won’t be honouring. They refuse to accept or understand my argument. I am then connected to another colleague who, again, asks me to go through security and explain. I explain and he connects me to Customer Services. Lo and behold, the phone cuts off again! I couldn’t be more frustrated and will be going to the ombudsmen if this matter isn’t resolved promptly and I’m refunded and disconnection is free. 

1 REPLY 1

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dbowater951 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the mishap with your disconnection.

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs