cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SIM card arrived

Deano20vt
Joining in

Hi, 

I ordered a new Virgin mobile on 14th Nov with a new sim contract but with the same number I have now (also Virgin mobile). The phone has been delivered today but with no SIM card. Is this the normal process? Do i use my old SIM card? My new sim should be 5G whereas the old one isn’t that’s why I’ve not transferred it over to the new phone. Please advise. Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Use your old one it won't damage the phone. You may even find it works 5G anyway.

The postal strikes have knocked everything out of sync on delivery dates.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Use your old one it won't damage the phone. You may even find it works 5G anyway.

The postal strikes have knocked everything out of sync on delivery dates.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Deano20vt,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise that you have not received a new sim. As our valued member @enlli has advised, you can use your current sim card in your new handset until we can get a replacement sim card our to you. Unfortunately, due to the postal strikes this may take longer than usual to reach you in the circumstances.

I will pop you over a private message to take some details and get this ordered or you. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Deano20vt,

Thanks for the private message. I have now ordered your sim card as requested, this will arrive by Royal mail in the next few days, however due to the postal strikes this may be slightly delayed. 

If you have any issues, please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi.