cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moblie Data not working after holiday

SimplynayR
Joining in

I recently went abroad on holiday outside of the UK, when on holiday I was able to connect to my mobile data fine after downloading an update of some sort then upon my return back into the UK I have been unable to get my mobile data to connect again and I'm unsure what the issue is, I've tried re-entering the APN settings to no avail.

On Android and using a Samsung Z Flip 3 if that is necessary info

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SimplynayR thanks for your reply - sorry to hear this still hasn't worked.

No need to be sorry at all, we want to help you get this sorted!

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into getting this resolved for you, kindly expect this to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @SimplynayR

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! It's great to have you here! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been facing this issue with your data since returning to the UK! 

Can you try these steps for me:

Select Apps from the Home Screen

Select Virgin Sim Tool Kit Icon

Select Roaming

Select Mode

Select Automatic and go back to Home Screen

Thank you.

Hiya, I tried what u suggested and have had no changes.

Thank you for trying @SimplynayR and I'm sorry this hasn't corrected things for you. 

Are you able to try the SIM in another handset or another SIM in this handset to see if the issue continues? 

Thanks again. 

I tried the sim in another phone and the mobile data worked fine annoyingly haha

Not sure why it refuses to work in my phone though.

Thanks for getting back to us SimplynayR, if you haven't already can you turn the handset off for 5 minutes, this will disconnect you from the network and when turned back on the device should search for the correct network. If that doesn't work can you try the following please:

Go into Settings - Connections - Mobile Networks - Network Operators - Select Manually (the device will now search for available networks) - Select Virgin.

Thanks

Rob

I've tried both things said and unfortunately have found success with neither.

Hi @SimplynayR sincere apologies for this that none of our options have worked so far.

Can you please try to text ALL to 789922 to see if this helps rejig your settings, and reboot to see if this helps?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Was really hopeful with this one as it's what got my data working abroad but sadly still not working.

Apologies for all the trouble and failed attempts 

Hi @SimplynayR thanks for your reply - sorry to hear this still hasn't worked.

No need to be sorry at all, we want to help you get this sorted!

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into getting this resolved for you, kindly expect this to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W