cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am in Greece and since yesterday there is no network connection, emergency calls only.

Pebbles7
Tuning in

I have tried turning the phone off and on again; airplane mode on, phone off, phone on, airplane mode off (was suggested by somebody). Tried numerous times to set network (Cosmote) manually.

126 REPLIES 126

That's good to know Kilkis. The only reason I really need a UK number is for verification codes. 

I see the header at the top of this thread says the problem is "solved"!! I had my monthly bill from Virgin today! What a cheek.

Phenotype is going to the ombudsman in a few weeks time. He/she has suggested we do the same. You have to wait 8 weeks before doing so. I can knock off 3 weeks already so 5 weeks to go.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well you have 21 days before the UK falls out of the EU. So if the fault lies with the Belgian or Greek operators, good luck with the British regulator.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

What a shame there isn't a single person who can actually provide useful information about this problem. Customer service is totally ineffective. Might as well not exist.

Would be lovely to get a positive response from someone who knows what is wrong and can say when it will be fixed.

Hapoyin Crete wrote: "I see the header at the top of this thread says the problem is "solved"!!"

Yes.  The first post says the question is answered.  If you click on "Go to answer" it takes you to this post by Team Mod:

"Hello,

Just a quick update for everyone. We're still investigating the issue and we appreciate your patience and all the information we've gathered. It's helping us to find a solution to the problem.

We'll be back when we have more information.

Many thanks,
ModTeam"

Not exactly what I would call solved?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kilkis wrote:

Hapoyin Crete wrote: "I see the header at the top of this thread says the problem is "solved"!!"

Yes.  The first post says the question is answered.  If you click on "Go to answer" it takes you to this post by Team Mod:

"Hello,

Just a quick update for everyone. We're still investigating the issue and we appreciate your patience and all the information we've gathered. It's helping us to find a solution to the problem.

We'll be back when we have more information.

Many thanks,
ModTeam"

Not exactly what I would call solved?

Ita marked as solved becasue the OP (original poster) has marked it as such.

That is the problem with highjacking someone else's problem. this is Pepples7 marks it as helpful you can't do anything about it

To apcyberax

As you can see I am new to this forum.  I was not aware that the "question answered" notice was put on by the original poster.  I apologise for believing it was a response from the support team.

I guess all threads start with a question by one person?  If other people are experiencing the same or very closely related problems that starts at the same time as the first poster, is it better for those people to attach their experience to the original thread or for each of them to start a separate thread?  My gut feeling is that it is better for the information to be consolidated in one thread so that those trying to solve it can easily see the patterns.  For example if lots of people are suffering the same problem it is more likely to be a problem in the system but if lots of single posts report a problem each one might be peculiar to that person.  That is why I tried to explain precisely and in detail what I was experiencing.  Is consolidating information on the same problem into one thread really thread hijacking?  I associate it with introducing a completely different issue.  If I had known about this forum when I first started having the problem and I had sought help here I could well have made a post headed: "I am in Greece and since yesterday there is no network connection, emergency calls only."  Would it help if there were lots of such posts?

I started a post on the 28th November "Network Failure" but was directed to this thread by someone else posting about no connection.

I did exactly as Kilkis says, joined in with this thread as it seemed pointless having separate threads about the same problem!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Kilkis no need to apologise

Most of the time 99% of problems that people have seem to be the same but are often not.
For example slow speeds for one person is rarely the same problem for 1000 other people.

Its better to start your own thread as it creates kind of a "JOB" for the staff to work against.

If you have a post about a problem and you have 100 other people jumping on the "me too" trend then its very hard to support everyone.

Some problems are indeed system related but the same can happen here. Someone in Greece with no phone overage may think this is the same problem when in fact it may be phone related or a missed payment.

While I agree with your comment in principle in this case I know from Greek ex-pat fora and elsewhere this problem is affecting a very large number of Virgin Mobile customers in Greece, possibly all?  I find it difficult to believe that, in this case, it could be a phone related problem?  One day my phone is connected to Virgin via Cosmote, a Greek Mobile service.  The next day it is not.  Nothing happened to my phone.  The battery didn't go flat.  The phone was not switched off.  I did not alter any phone settings of any kind.  The phone is constantly trying to connect and failing which rapidly flattens the battery.  That sequence seems to be common for everybody with this problem.

One other problem that is common to everybody affected is that we are all contacting customer service individually by phone.  We are being kept on the line for extreme periods, for example 3 hours in one case, and we are not getting any sensible response of any sort.

Faced with that situation what would you do?

Evening all, 

Can I ask how you're all getting on with the services at the moment? 

Are you able to reboot and try a manual network search to get connected? 

Do keep us posted. 

Thanks 

Emma_C - Forum Team