cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box

Medler
Tuning in

I have reeived a replacement Tivo Box,The new box connects via USB but my faulty Tivo connected with HDMI

Do I need an uprated USB cable to connect to my TV and would I get Good quality picture.

Should this cable be supplied in the box with the replacement Tivo .

Thanks for any Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks nodrogd.

All sorted,as you said I removed the sticker that was hiding the HDMI port and it was very strait forward.

Why did the Virgin agent that I spoke to not inform me that the HDMI was covered with a sticker.

very happy it was very easyand I need to get my eyes tested.

Thanks Again nodrogd.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All TiVO boxes use HDMI. The USB port is not used & only provides power. Take another look as there is sometimes a protective sticker over the HDMI socket that needs to be removed.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Will check the replacement box,Funny the Virgin agent did not point this out when I contacted them.
will do tomorrow.
Thanks

Thanks nodrogd.

All sorted,as you said I removed the sticker that was hiding the HDMI port and it was very strait forward.

Why did the Virgin agent that I spoke to not inform me that the HDMI was covered with a sticker.

very happy it was very easyand I need to get my eyes tested.

Thanks Again nodrogd.

Hi there @Medler 

Thank you so much for your post and I'm glad this was sorted! 

A big thank you to @nodrogd for their help on this as well! 

We're sorry the sticker proved to a be a bit confusing but we're glad it was sorted in the end! 

Please do pop back to the forums if you ever need any guidance in the future. 

Thank you.