cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITV1 +1 4.3 aspect ratio

kb1
Joining in

Hi, ITV1 +1 is displaying in a 4.3 format and has been for a few days now. I have rebooted the box and checked the settings nothing changes the ratio. The info banner displays as 16.9 on the channel though. Any help would be much appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @kb1 

It's a known issue. Either keep checking the  /service-status page for any updates, or click on the "Get issue updates" on that page..

The page is currently showing:-

A problem identified and an engineer has been dispatched

ITV+1 may be displayed in the incorrect format at the moment.. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible.

EDITED to add - some customers are seeing the same issue on other +1 ITV stations (ITV2/3 and 4)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

JaneMagill
Joining in

I had the same problem, I fixed it by going into Settings>Audio&Video and changing 4:3 handling from Pillar box (recommended) to Full mode. I hope this helps. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JaneMagill That doesn't actually solve the underlying problem it just provides a work around to give you a full screen view of part of the original view.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks