cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TVGo - cannot watch on Ipad anymore

papaslavs
Tuning in

For some strange reason I can no longer watch on my iPad the TVGO app, it’s there, it refreshes but won’t play, I get an error message informing me the content is not available that’s all content itv, ch4 BTSport everything, the silly thing is, it plays on my iPhone, can anyone advise please, both are registered devices, no vpn on.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

23 REPLIES 23

Hi, these are both the diagnostic settings 

B3E75B07-2A05-4E37-B370-42F23F0E9C37.png

29DFAC6C-49D5-4555-B15F-35B8A4F24CC9.jpeg

Hi Papaslavs, thank you for sending these over!

If you would be able to confirm / try a couple of things for us:

1) If you can please try deleting and reinstalling the app on your Ipad. 

2) If this does not help, if you can please also try resetting your password. 

3) The error message appearing on the screen - is there a code as-well, or is this just a worded message? If you would be able to post a picture of the message on screen this will be super helpful if we need to raise an IT ticket for you. 

4) How many registered devices do you currently have listed? You can check these here: https://virg.in/GoDevices

All the best. 

Molly

Hi Molly

1) done numerous times, just done it again, same results!

2) reset password, deleted app again same results.

3) no code just the wording see pic attached! 

4) only 2 devices registered iPhone ( no problem with that) iPad same as before, everything up to date, lates iOS etc.8A65CA62-F129-4932-AAE1-59227CD8008D.png

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @papaslavs

I'm going to drop you a private message to investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello @papaslavs 

We appreciate you've already given us some information about this issue however we've asked our Product Team about this and they've asked if you can try the following as they need more details:

1.Check that the box is on. 

2. If it isn’t, check what Standby mode the box is in as it needs to be in Active or Fast Start.

• If it's already in Fast Start, you should be able to see recordings immediately when you use the App. The CPE should always be showing if you are connected via the same network at home.
    • If it’s in Active Start, you’ll  need to wait a few minutes and is more eco friendly. The App should send a message to wake the box up, and get the CPE ID. It can take a few mins for this to appear and the wait time can vary depending on which device you are using e.g. Android taking slightly longer than IOS.
    • If it's in Eco (slow start), you wont get the CPE ID unless you physically switch the box on. And then, like with Active Start, it will take some minutes for the App to receive the call from the box.

3. Ensure that you’re not using a VPN. This can be a standalone VPN service or one that can be triggered by an antivirus software. There should be a setting on the customer’s antivirus that ensures it recognises the home router as 'safe'. 

4. Check if you’re using a 'Mesh' network?  

• Mesh networks can run on one two modes. If the Mesh is in Bridged mode – sometimes called "Access Point", then the box can be plugged into the Virgin Media Hub directly and should work ok. 
    • If it is not in Bridged mode – often called "Router mode", then the box needs to be plugged into the Mesh NOT the Virgin Media Hub, or it will not work. 
    • "Router" mode is often the default for Mesh systems, so important to check. 

5. WiFi extenders/repeaters may also have a similar set up, so could cause a problem however our Pods should be fine though. 

If the above checks have been made but you’re still experiencing issues, please let us know if:

• What shows you have recorded and are trying to view,
  • When does it fail? Is it every recording that fails or just some?
  • Does it fail when using a different device?

Thanks,

ModTeam

Surely what you’re referring to is the TV Control app, this all works perfectly fine, what I’m referring to, is the TVGo app which only works on my iPhone.

The TV Control app allows me to watch a program whilst simultaneously recording it on my TiVo box, this is not what I want to do, I want to watch on the TVGo app.

Hi papaslavs,

May I ask which box do you have? If you are a 360 customer, you can watch recordings on TVGo and on TiVo you can only watch recordings on the TV Control App.

Are you able to try the above checks so we can feed it back?

Thanks

I have a TiVo box

I have a TiVo box and can watch TVGo on my iPhone but not iPad so how does that work?

Also, this is NOT about watching recordings it’s about watching LIVE TV