cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TV Control App IOS

AKLennard
Tuning in

I used to use the Control App to watch recorded programs on my iPad or mobile. Neither can connect to the TiVo box. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app, checked network and still can’t connect. I’ve shut down and restarted the TiVo box and the network and still the same story. My IOS systems are all up to date. This has happened a few times before but one of the above has fixed the problem. Not any more. The app has had the recent update and still nothing. I’ve seen reviews online and in this community page saying the app often can’t connect or is not worth having as it rarely works. As I have a family of four and can’t always have everyone waiting their turn to watch their recordings can you send me 3 new TiVo boxes free of charge or get the app to work?

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly, just by means of forum etiquette, it's better to start your own thread than tack onto someone elses, I've done it for you this time 😉

Do you have Ethernet connections from each of your TiVo's to your home-hub? That's the basic requirement, without which you won't be able to stream any recordings.

On the assumption you have this, what happens when you try to load the TV Control app? Does it load and are you able to get the "My shows" view up?

What happens when you then select a recording and try to play it? Do you get any error messages?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AKLennard,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your TV Control App. I can understand that it can be quite frustrating that it does not work after the troubleshooting you've already gone through.

Thank you to @japitts for moving this post to a new thread and asking all the right questions! 🙂

Can you please take a look at @japitts questions and let us know the answer, so we can assist further?

Have you taken a look at our TV Control App troubleshooting page on our website which may help you resolve this? Please take a further look here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-control-troubleshooting.

Let us know how you get on and we'll be happy to help fruther.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs