cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to Virgin TV Go on Firestick

HalbeEllgr
Joining in

All set up on Virgin 360. Logged into TV Go on my phone.

Can't login to it on the TV upstairs via Firestick as it keeps saying password not recognised.

Anyone had this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As I said, it’s unsupported so don’t expect official support here although others may have experience of the issues you are having.

3B88FEDD-2143-4E73-AB77-1D40B528D7DF.jpeg49DBD06E-7075-4C57-851D-6EEE9FAC3DF1.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin TV Go is not supported on Firestick.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for your reply. I'd read that but thought those threads were old. The thing is, the app is available in the firestick app store which suggests it is supported.

The app loads but won't allow me to log in.

Thanks again

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As I said, it’s unsupported so don’t expect official support here although others may have experience of the issues you are having.

3B88FEDD-2143-4E73-AB77-1D40B528D7DF.jpeg49DBD06E-7075-4C57-851D-6EEE9FAC3DF1.jpeg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @HalbeEllgr 

TVGo isn't abvailable in the Amazon store. 

I found the Virgin Media Player when searching for Virgin TVGo in the Amazon app store.

The Virgin Media Player is for the Irish market and not the UK (these forums are for the UK) therefore it won't recognise your log in credentials unless you are a customer of   https://www.virginmedia.ie/ 

The loading screen does state "Viewers outside Ireland .... Looks like you're currently outside Ireland. Meaning you'll only be able to see the content we have international rights for"

The the following screen ask you to sign in and also states, "If you don't have an account yet, please go to virginmediatelevision.ie/player  to sign up"

I have actually side loaded the TVGo app onto my firestick in the past, and to be honest it's a PITA to use. You also need mousetoggle to be able to navigate the menu's etc.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali