cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media 1Gig only giving me 340Mbps upload is fine at 52Mb

AvertedVision
Joining in

Hi was wondering if anyone could help with telling me why my speed has suddenly dropped like overnight to 340Mbps when i was getting 950Mbps on the 1Gig package. Upload is fine with 52Mb. This has only happened within the past 24 hours. Was running fine at the required speed but this is just a crazy drop in speed. Called virgin media and all i got was all the apps in your phone take up a lot of broadband width. Hahaha. Only using an Ethernet through my gaming PC and my mobile is wifi 5Ghz. Both are showing 340Mbps speeds. This isn't due to how many devices I've got connected to the network, actually offended how stupid she thought i was. Ha. Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

carl_pearce
Community elder

@AvertedVision wrote:

Hi was wondering if anyone could help with telling me why my speed has suddenly dropped like overnight to 340Mbps when i was getting 950Mbps on the 1Gig package. Upload is fine with 52Mb. This has only happened within the past 24 hours. Was running fine at the required speed but this is just a crazy drop in speed. Called virgin media and all i got was all the apps in your phone take up a lot of broadband width. Hahaha. Only using an Ethernet through my gaming PC and my mobile is wifi 5Ghz. Both are showing 340Mbps speeds. This isn't due to how many devices I've got connected to the network, actually offended how stupid she thought i was. Ha. Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

First thing to check is:

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

RealSpeed - SamKnows 31-12-2022 14-35-36.png

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AvertedVision

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

The speeds look fine above, how has your connection been since your last post?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Don't know what happened. I just reset my network adapters and still didn't work, so i reinstalled windows and its now back to normal. No idea what caused it.

Hi AvertedVision,

Thank you for the update, we're pleased to hear that after reinstalling Windows, the issue has now resolved itself.

Give us a shout if you need help with anything else. We're always more than happy to assist.

All the best

Beth