cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed increases from November 1st?

RayW2
Dialled in

I see it is being reported on the ISP Review web site that "some" VMO2 broadband speeds are apparently tdue to incease fom the first of next month ...

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2022/10/isp-virgin-media-o2-uk-to-boost-some-home-broadband-sp...

52 REPLIES 52

By chance restarted my router today because of my Ring doorbell and noticed my speeds have increased too. 🙂

On M200, previously getting around 215mb download and 20mb upload, as of this afternoon now getting 275mb download and 26mb upload. Using speedtest.net for results.

If I keep restarting it, does it keep going up? 😅

Really pleased I saw this, I'm on 200 and just rebooted - now getting 275 down and 26 up over wifi.

muffintastic
Superfast

What about people on M350? 

If you've got M350 and Virgin Mobile like I used to, I got a Volt upgrade to M500 when I switched to O2.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

If you've got M350 and Virgin Mobile like I used to, I got a Volt upgrade to M500 when I switched to O2.

I think the poster meant that as M200 people now get 275mbps on average for free speed upgrade (whether they were 'volted' to M200 originally or not) and around 27mbps upstream, what is the point of M350 now if people are paying a lot extra under their pricing. For example is M350 going to be M500 or some new tier say M400....

People always have the choice of adjusting their speeds when contracts come to an end.

--

I wish they did!

I am on an ultimate oomph bundle. I would love to be able to adjust my speed up. Especially the upload speed.

Why do lower tiers get a better upload ratio than the so called premium tiers? ~5% when others get near to 10% 

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky

VM distinguishes itself from the competition by offering higher download speeds, just look at how M50 is being replaced FOC by M100.

--

@Timwilky wrote:

Why do lower tiers get a better upload ratio than the so called premium tiers? ~5% when others get near to 10% 

From my perspective as an M100 user (and therefore not wanting huge download bandwidth), I am much happier with the 2x upload speed increase than I would have been with a 2x download increase. BT Fibre 2 is 67/20 so 100/10 looks quite poor in comparison. It's a bit surprising that M200 upload has only gone up to 26Mbps though. 

I’d like to see M350 getting “something”. I may as well downgrade to M200 and get 275/25?

I don’t want to have to faff on and switch mobile SIM cards to get a 150Mbps speed bump - come on VM - do an “across the board” increase.
2 X ASUS RT-AC66U B1's in AP mode