cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short notice of disruption to service, no time to plan alternate access!!

jk001d7182
On our wavelength

I received an email today at 18:26 see below. Well thanks for giving me so much notice, no time to book a desk in the office I have calls booked for most of the day and require internet access to do my job. Thanks a lot Virgin Media !!! Outstanding customer care............... NOT!!!

Hello xxxxx

We’re carrying out essential works to modernise and future-proof our network in your area on Tue 03 Aug. This should improve your connection so you can carry on enjoying the things you love most.

Your services might be affected for a little while on the day, but we should have you back up and running again at around 6pm.

For more info, head here.

4 REPLIES 4

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You have a residential contract with VM which has no guarantees for business usage. If you need internet for your work you should have backup, e.g. DSL broadband or a MiFi router with a data-only SIM card.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Regardless of contracts, of which I am well aware. And I do have alternative access, but I'm sure there will be those who don't and can't afford alternate/backup means of access. You seem to miss the point, less than 24hours notice for an outage that would have been scheduled days, weeks or even months ago.  

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @jk001d7182.

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that you were unable to work and for the length of time you was provided with a warning.

We do recommend using your wired connection on your work devices, this would have a more stable connection while we are working in your area. 

We will be working as quickly as possible to get this done.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Most of the country has a residential contract and a huge portion of the country have to work from home. Are you suggesting they all switch to non-residential contracts because of Virgin's incompetence? Are you for real with these ridiculous statements?